NEET Counselling 2021: Two New Disability Centres Added
Counselling for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET Exam) 2021 is going to begin soon. While there’s still no clarity over the NEET PG counselling, the one for UG shall take place in December itself.
Before its commencement, the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has recently added 2 more Disability Certification Centres authorized under the Director General of Health Services (DGHS). These are the Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi and Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences & RML Hospital, New Delhi.
Purpose of Disability Certification Centres
One can get the best understanding regarding the purpose and work of such centres through the notice brought out by the MCC of the DGHS.
“MCC of DGHS has designated Disability Certification Centres for providing Disability Certificates to PwD candidates after NEET Exam and quantification of their percentage of disability in support of their claim to avail PwD reservation in Medical courses (UG/ Broad Speciality PG courses)," says the official notice of the MCC.
The notice states furthermore, that the underlying aim of this decision was to make the process more smooth and hassle free for the PwD candidates.
Current Disability Certification Centres in India
After the 2 recent inclusions, the total number of disability certification centres in India include: -
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences & RML Hospital, New Delhi. (ABVIMS)
- Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi
- Madras Medical College (MMC)
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital (VMMC & SJH)
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AIIPMR)
- Goa Medical College
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (IPGMER)
- Grant Government Medical College, JJ Hospital Compound
- SMS Medical College
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Govt Medical College, Agartala, State Disability Board
- Govt Medical College and Hospital, Sector32
- AIIMS, Nagpur
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University
- Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities, Bandra, Mumbai