NEET UG Counselling: MP Begins Registration; Process Details
Recently, Madhya Pradesh has been added to the list of states that have opened their registrations for the NEET UG Counselling 2021. The authority responsible for this is the Department of Medical Education, Madhya Pradesh. Only those candidates who have got the qualifying score in the NEET Exam 2021 can participate in this counseling process to fill the MBBS and seats in the medical colleges of Madhya Pradesh.
Eligible candidates can apply online on the official portal https://dme.mponline.gov.in/ in for MBBS and BDS seats in around 37 government and private medical and dental colleges. Additionally, candidates can mail their queries and/or appeals regarding this counselling process at [email protected].
As mentioned before, eligible candidates can register themselves on the official portal of the Department of Medical Education (MP) as mentioned above. The exact process that needs to be followed are mentioned below.
- After logging into the portal, click on the head saying “Undergraduate Counselling”
- Click on the “Create Profile” option.
- Enter your NEET UG 2021 Roll Number, Captcha (as on screen), and generate a secret key according to the instructions on screen.
- This will lead to the candidates’ details being displayed on screen. Here, enter your contact and bank account details and click on “Update”.
- This will generate an OTP on the email/contact number of the candidate. Enter this OTP on the portal and create a new password there. Click on the “Validate and Save” button after finishing.
Once the above process is complete, the “Candidate Profile” will appear Green, which means that the candidate’s profile has been successfully created. This shall be followed by the below steps.
- Click on “Registration Form” that will open the said form.
- Candidates are then required to fill in the requisite details (according to eligibility), like the Domicile/NRI details, Category details, 10+2 details, Freedom Fighter/Sainik Details. Click on “Save Data” after completing this process.
- Attach the requisite documents that include the Marksheets (class 10,11, and 12), MP Domicile Certificate, NEET UG Admit Card/Registration Slip, Caste, Income, Candidate Class (PwD/FF/SN) Certificates (if falling in the category), and finally the affidavit claiming that candidate is not a domicile and has not taken the advantages available for domiciles.
- Click on the “Save Enclosures” option after finishing. This will display all the above mentioned details on the screen. After confirming whether or not the information entered is correct, click on the “Proceed to Payment for Registration”. If not, click on the “Back to Registration Form” button.
- This will take you to the payments page. Click on the desired payment gateway and pay the registration fee.
- Successful payment shall generate a receipt, which the candidates are advised to take a printout of.
Candidates are also advised to download and print the overall Application Form.
After this process, candidates are required to fill their choices of seats and institutes. This shall be followed by the 1st Round of Seat Allotment. Those getting a seat in Round 1 have the option of upgrading in Round 2.
Those willing to do so have to register fresh for Round 2, which requires checking the DME website and filling in fresh choices. Those not getting seats here too or willing to further upgrade still have a chance in the Mop UP Round. Though there are fresh registrations here, candidates who’ve registered need not re-register. However, fresh choice filling is necessary.
The last round is the stray vacancy round to fill in the remaining seats. There are no fresh registrations or fresh choice filing here.
As far as the minute details and time schedule for the above mentioned process is concerned, things shall only become clearer once the Supreme Court comes out with the final judgement on the NEET Reservation row. This official statement mentioned below aptly sums up this update.
“Detailed time schedule for the State level counselling will be published after the order in the petitions relating to reservation which has been filed in Hon’ble Supreme court”
To stay updated on all the happenings in the education sector, keep following Affinity Education on https://affinityeducation.in/