NEET UG Counselling 2021: West Bengal Starts Registration
Huge updates coming for NEET candidates of West Bengal!
Counseling for the MBBS and BDS seats of medical colleges in West Bengal will be conducted by the Department of Health and Family Welfare (DHFW), Kolkata at a date and time that’s yet to be announced. Candidates will be allotted admission on the basis of their NEET Exam 2021 scores.
The counselling process will be for 4,150 MBBS seats and 550 BDS seats. This will be conducted in the online mode in 2 rounds. An offline mop-up round shall also be conducted in the end to fill the vacant seats, if any left.
Candidates can check their results on the official website wbmcc.nic.in.
It’s paramount for the candidates to check and confirm their eligibility before registering for the NEET UG Counselling 2021 in West Bengal. Only if one meets the below-criteria, can s/he participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates need to qualify the NEET Exam 2021 cutoff as set by the NTA
- Candidates should be Domiciles of West Bengal
- They need to meet the NEET eligibility criteria
The steps mentioned below are the ones for Round 1 of the West Bengal NEET UG Counselling 2021. Details for subsequent rounds shall soon be released.
- Go to the official website i.e. wbmcc.nic.in
- Click on the registration link on the homepage
- Enter your credentials to successfully log in. These include your NEET Roll Number, application number, D.O.B, and Security Pin.
- Fill the application form, which includes choosing your preferences (of courses and colleges).
- Complete the process by filling the application/registration fee online
- Freeze your preferences
After this, candidates will be allotted their college and a particular date and time on which they need to report there. It’s important to carry all the requisite documents and get them verified in the college.
Talking about the documents, it becomes extremely important that candidates have a complete idea of all the important documents that they require to carry to the college. These include: -
- The Acknowledgement Slip
- NEET 2021 Scorecard and Admit Card
- Document showing the proof of fee payment
- Mark sheets for Class X and XII
- Age proof
- Allotment Letter
- Certificate of Domicile
- ID Proof (Aadhaar/Voter ID/Driving License/Passport)
If a candidate belongs to the SC/ST category, a Caste Certificate is necessary while for the PwD candidates, one requires a Medical Certificate proving the disability.
Domicile Criteria for West Bengal NEET UG Counselling 2021
To be eligible for the 85% seats under state quota in the medical colleges in West Bengal, candidates need to be a domicile of the state. In fact, there’s a Domicile Certificate that needs to be submitted along with all the other documents.
Following are the different Domicile Certificates that candidates need to choose accordingly: -
- Proforma a1: In case the candidates have been living in West Bengal for 10 years or more, continuously.
- Proforma a2: In case the candidates have been living in West Bengal for 10 years and have done 10+2 from this state.
- Proforma a3: In case the candidates who have not been living in West Bengal for 10 years or more continuously but his/her parents have an address in the state and have been living in West Bengal for 10 or more years, continuously.
The entire breakdown of the seat distribution for various categories of candidates can be accessed by the candidates by clicking on the following linkRead More About Seat Distribution...
For more updates on this and any other happenings in the educational sector, keep following Affinity Education at https://www.affinityeducation.in/