NEET UG 2021: Kerala Merit List Out; Process, Other Details

NEET UG 2021: Kerala Merit List Out; Process, Other Details

The merit medical rank list was recently released by the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala on December 14th, 2021. If the reports are to be believed, a total of 42,059 candidates made the cut i.e. got shortlisted. Another great update is that as compared to the 10,337 male candidates, a total of 31,722 female candidates passed the Exam.

Out of the total number of qualified candidates, around 37,991 are eligible for the courses namely MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, BSMS. However, the total number of seats up for grabs in medical colleges in Kerala is 4,105.

Students can check their ranks in the merit list at

Process of Seat Allotment for NEET Counselling

Unlike the previous years, the seat allotment this year will be through a centralized process. The points mentioned below summarize the important parts of the process that qualified students need to keep in mind.

  • Candidates need to choose their preferred course/institute out of the ones offered in the list on the CEE website.
  • Multiple options can be chosen as well (preferably in order of preference; most to least)
  • Whichever choice matches the rank of the candidate will be allotted to them.
  • After this process, candidates have to “freeze” their seats and complete the online admission process, including payment of the admission fee.

Completion of the above processes will result in the generation of a Provisional Admission Letter. Candidates are required to bring it with them when reporting to the allotted college on the scheduled date.

Documents Required for NEET Counselling 2021

Once the candidates reach their colleges on the scheduled date, they still have to undergo verification. These documents mentioned below need to be shown/presented at that time.

  • ID Proof (Aadhaar Card)
  • SSLC/Class 10 Certificate
  • Class XII marksheet (self attested)
  • Higher secondary certificate (self attested)
  • Certificate proving that candidate is a domicile of Kerala

In case the candidate belongs to the OEC/SEBC category, a Non-creamy layer certificate is compulsory as well.

Similarly, the caste certificate for the SC/ST category candidates and for the PwDs, a copy of the medical certificate (self attested) are compulsory along with the above.

Medical Colleges in Kerala Offering Seats

The 4,105 seats offered are divided among the following medical colleges.

  1. Government Medical College (Thiruvananthapuram)
  2. Government Medical College (Thissur)
  3. Government Medical College (Kottayam)
  4. Government Medical College (Kozhikode)
  5. MES Academy of Medical Sciences (Malaparamba)
  6. Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Science and Research Centre (Thiruvalla)
  7. Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute (Thrissur)
  8. Amala Institute of Medical Science (Amalanagar)
  9. Malankara Orthodoxy Syrian Church Medical College (Kolenchery) 

It’s important to keep in mind that the NEET Counselling that’s been covered here is being carried out by the state counselling authority of Kerala (the CEE) for the 85% medical seats that are reserved under state quota. Counselling for the rest of the 15% is held by the central authorities like the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), the AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee (AACCC) mainly. The latter are yet to announce their counseling schedules.

We will keep you updated on each and every development regarding the NEET Exam 2021 and related issues. To keep yourself posted on the latest developments in the educational sector, keep following Affinity Education at