NBE to Hold Foreign Dental Screening Test’21; Check All Details
On 28th January 2022, the National Board of Examinations (NBE) shall be conducting the “Foreign Dental Screening Test 2021” for candidates holding the PG Diploma as well as MDS Degrees. Indian candidates, as well as OCIs with these degrees, can give this exam on a computer-based platform in Delhi.
Students can download their admit cards from the official NBEMS website https://nbe.edu.in
To familiarize themselves with the computer-based test, students can access the demo test available on the said website. The availability has been since 24th January 2022.
FDST Patters 2021
The pattern of this exam is decided upon as per the Principal Dental Council of India Screening Test Regulations (2009). There are primarily 2 papers in this examination, including a 100-MCQ and a 150-MCQ paper.
- The Foreign Dental Screening Test 2021 shall be conducted in the English language.
- This shall be a computer-based test
- Paper 1 of 100 questions shall be 120 minutes/2 Hours long while Paper 2 of 150 questions shall be 150 minutes/2.5 Hours long.
- Every correct answer awards the candidate with 1 mark while there is no negative marking
- A minimum score of 50% is required in each paper to qualify.
- There is a separate VIVA-VOCE examination of 50 marks in which the candidates need to score at least 50% marks. There shall be 2 examiners; 1 from the examining university and an external examiner
- There are an unlimited number of attempts
Admit Card Details
The issuance of Admit cards has begun from 24th January 2022. Candidates can check the details on the NBEMS website. After downloading said Admit Card, candidates are required to attach and affix the latest passport size photograph of themselves.
The other specifications of the photo include: -
- Should be a colored photograph with white background.
- Needs to show a full frontal view of the face with a neutral expression. No accessories or other things like hats, goggles, glasses, etc
- No reflections, shadows, or red eyes
- To be printed on a high-quality paper (at least 600 dpi resolution)
- No scratches, kinks, or stains on the photo.
- Admit Card printout (with the photo attached and the QR/Barcode)
- Aadhaar/Voter ID/Passport/PAN Card/Driving License
In the case of an e-Aadhaar that has the Aadhaar Number printed on it, it should be a good quality color printout with a photograph that is clearly visible. The name on this shall be similar to the name registered by the candidate on the application.
In case there has been a change of name after marriage or any other, there needs to be a document substantiating the claim.
Regarding all the important Dos and Don’ts at the exam center, candidates can get the requisite information on the official NBEMS website.
For more updates on medical exams across India and abroad, keep following us at https://www.mbbsadmissionabroad.in/news