MBBS in the Philippines uncovered
In this new era, most science students dream to become a doctor and achieve their dream of studying MBBS abroad. Globally there are so many countries that offer medical courses at a pocket-friendly cost. If you also have a dream to become a doctor and find the best medical colleges to learn medicine. MBBS in Philippines is a prime destination to study medicine.
Some time ago, the MBBS course in the Philippines was a combination of BS+MD programs. The Philippines universities were considered 12th equal to 11th class and those students going to study MBBS in Philippines were required to study a BS program before pursuing an MD (MBBS) course. The BS (Bachelor of Surgery) course duration is 1 year after completing this program candidates can get admission to the MD (MBBS) program.
After completion of the BS program, students take the NMAT exam to be admitted to the MD course. Students face various problems to study MBBS in the Philippines. But some time ago, the Philippines Government removed all the obstacles to studying MBBS.
Right now, there is a BS course eliminated from the MD course. After the elimination of the BS program in MD the course duration is 4.5 years (54 months), and for the one-year internship program, the whole medical duration is 5.5 years to study MBBS in Philippines. Moreover, the NMAT exam is also removed after the new guidelines of NMC. Students can get direct admission after qualifying for the NEET exam.
After removing all the obstacles MBBS in Philippines is more popular as the best destination among medical aspirants. Most Indian students wish to study MBBS in the Philippines due to its reasonable cost.
About the Philippines
- Over 8.2 million tourists visit the Philippines every year. This country has become a tourist hotspot in the world.
- The Philippines has an Archipelago of over 7600 islands.
- The Philippines is the 3rd largest country in the world.
- The Philippines has 5 of the largest malls in the world.
- The largest supplier of trained Nurses in the Philippines.
- The capital of the Philippines is Manila.
- Currency of the nation is the Philippines peso.
- A nation has a 96.29% literacy rate.
Quick Highlights of MBBS in the Philippines
MD (MBBS) program
5.5 years including internship training
Is NEET required
Students who have complete 12th with 50% marks
Medium of Instruction
15 lakh to 25 lakh
WHO, NMC, the Ministry of Education of the Philippines, etc.
MCI-approved medical colleges
Why should you choose to study MBBS in the Philippines
The Philippines is one of the leading higher MD/MBBS education destinations for students who wish to study MBBS abroad. The education system is just fantastic across the world. Going ahead in this article we know, which things make Philippines universities the best for studying MBBS.
MCI-Recognized Medical Universities
The nation has more than 45 MCI-approved medical universities in the nation. They provide world-class facilities for foreign students. Doctors of Medicine (MD) of the Philippines are well recognized by the WHO, the Medical Council of India and other organizations.
The Philippines is one of the nations which is best known for its communication. This nation is the 3rd largest English-speaking country in the world. Communication just does not make a barrier during learning the MBBS program.
The Philippines universities offer medical courses at an affordable price. Indian students can easily afford medical courses in the Philippines. Students can complete the MBBS program in 15 lakh to 25 lakh. Philippines MBBS fees are cheap for Indian students as well as foreign students.
Easy Admission Process
Those students who plan to study MBBS in Philippines can easily be admitted to Philippine universities due to the simple and easy admission process. Students can get hassle-free admission with less paperwork.
Moreover, the Philippines has so many MCI-approved medical universities. According to the Philippines government, they have more than 45 MCI-approved medical universities. Before taking admission students can check below. We have listed many MCI-approved medical colleges in Philippines.
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- University of Perpetual of System Help Dalta
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Southwestern University
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- AMA College of Medicine
- Medical School Foundation
- Cebu Doctor of Medical University
- Central Philippines University
- Manila Central University of Philippines
- University of Santo Tomas Philippines
- Saint Louis University of Philippines
MBBS in the Philippines Eligibility Criteria for Indian students
- Candidates ready to pursue MBBS in Philippines are required to qualify for the NEET exam. This is the basic requirement for every Indian student who wishes to study MBBS abroad.
- A minimum of 50% marks in science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) from a recognised school or Board is mandatory.
- Reserved category students ST/SC/OBC are required to score 40% marks in the 12th class.
- Along with this, candidates must be 17 years of age, students who complete the 17 by 31st December of the admission year are also eligible.
- At the time of admission candidates do not suffer from any kind of infection.
Is the MD course in the Philippines the same as that in India?
First and foremost, in the Philippines, the course of medicine and surgery is not called MBBS like in India, rather the course is called Doctor of Medicine (MD). The course name is different but it’s equivalent to the MBBS in India and also recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), the World Health Organization (WHO), and many other international medical bodies.
Don’t confuse students if you want to study MBBS in Philippines which is absolutely equivalent to MBBS in India and valid in India as well as corners of the world. So, you can choose this destination to study as an ideal place without any doubt.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the duration of MBBS in Philippines?
Doctor of Medicine (MD) in the Philippines is run for 4.5 years and the one-year internship program then the whole medical course duration is 5.5 years. This course duration is shorter than other countries.
How is the weather in the Philippines?
There are usually 3 seasons,
- Hot dry season - From march to May
- Rainy season - From June to September
- Winter season - October to February
MD Degree for Philippines universities is valid in India?
Yes, If you earn an MD degree from a Philippines university it is absolutely valid in India. MD course which is offered by the Philippines universities is equivalent to MBBS in India. So, without any doubt, students can learn MD courses from abroad.
What are the fees for the MBBS course in the Philippines?
If you are planning to study MBBS in the Philippines, bear the cost of around 15 lakh to 25 lakh. Philippines MBBS fees for Indian students are indeed affordable. This amount included all kinds of extra charges like hostel costs, miscellaneous charges, etc.